Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of school

Today was Eleanor's first day back to school. She is in 1st grade this year! She was so excited this morning. She was up and dressed before I even woke up. I have been dreading this day. She now goes to school til 2:00! It's only 9:30 and I miss her so much! Lucas and I will be planning lots of fun things to keep us occupied for the days while she's at school. Am I pathetic or what? I thought parents were supposed to be excited when their kids went back to school! Eleanor is just such a sweet little girl and I absolutely love having her around me. I am excited to see how she does this year in her new class. She did so extremely well in Kintergarden (she was reading at a 2nd grade level by the end of the year) and she only missed 1 word on a spelling test for the entire year! Dave's Mom used to always tell me that the reason she cried so much when she was a baby was because she was so smart, and that she just got bored all of the time with baby things.. so she cried. As I watch her grow and see how smart she really is, I think she may have been right!

9 comments:

Karyl said...

I know what time you get up some mornings, so it probably wasn't hard for Eleanor to get up before you! :) Although, I'm not much better, so I have no room to talk. :)

Always Evans said...

That's Eleanor! Dressed up and early with one of her CUTE hundreds of new outfits!!! Eleanor looks so cute on her first day I can't hardly stand it! What a cute and stylish niece I have. I told her she'll be voted best dressed at Linwood Elementary this year! I know it!!

Mimi said...

They are growing up so fast. Eleanor has the cutest smile. I love it! Where is the pink boa she was going to wear on the first day of school???

Laura said...

Leah...you and Dave have trouble on your hands. She is sooooo cute! She looks so grown up and stylish in these pictures. Maybe she can give me some fashion tips?

Carrie Anne said...

I can't believe she is in 1st grade already!! AH! You are right, she is such a sweet girl & so kind & smart. Someone just told me hard babies are easier kids...so what does that mean for me with my kids?:)
You are such a great mother to those 2 and I love that Eleanor is your little buddy...I know you are going to have a great relationship when she is older, too. What a beautiful girl!

Cyndy and George said...

Leah, I can't believe Eleanor is already in 1st grade! Amazing how fast the time flies. She sure is a cutie!

Cyndy and George said...

Leah!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I will have to add you to my stalking list now. (Even though I have already stalked your blog before ;) I hope you sell the house next door to someone really really nice. A really nice LDS family would be wonderful. I need friends and having them next door would be ideal. What happened to the people who lived there? Do you know? I was SHOCKED that they moved. Was it because of us? They threatened to move once before because they hated our dogs. I think that is an extreme, but you never know what some people will do. I really am a good neighbor... be sure to tell that to whoever you show it to ;)

Patricia Peterson said...

It's fun to see your sweet family and especially to see pictures of grown up Eleanor. It's amazing how fast they do this. I am continually amazed even on the third one. You want to tell them to quit and then cheer them on as they try to surpass your height and improve themselves. You are blessed!

Patricia Peterson said...

It's fun to see your sweet family and especially to see pictures of grown up Eleanor. It's amazing how fast they do this. I am continually amazed even on the third one. You want to tell them to quit and then cheer them on as they try to surpass your height and improve themselves. You are blessed!