Sunday, September 14, 2008

a stop at Newport Beach

of course we couldn't go down south without going to the beach! My kids would have been seriously bummed had we not gone for a day. We went to Newport and enjoyed the cool weather while the kids collected sea shells and played in the water. After trip, while driving out of the Grapevine down into the desolate central valley Lucas said "Dad, where are you going? This is not California!! This does NOT look like California!!" I think he really loved the coastal California better than the central valley!



3 comments:

Karyl said...

Well...DUH! I knew your kids were smart! Can the Central Valley really compare to the Coast? Tell Lucas I felt the same way today as I drove up from San Diego and came down the hill into Bakersfield. :)

Patricia Peterson said...

I love the picture of Dave with the kids!!

Amy and the boys said...

Looks like a blast- and the beach!! I'm jealous!